Experienced Illinois Franchise Law Attorney, Expert Witness and Consultant
Franchising your business, investing in a franchisor or buying into a franchise can be a lucrative venture. The key to success is doing it correctly from the start. An experienced franchise lawyer can make certain you are on the right track.
The Law Office of Marc N. Blumenthal has been facilitating franchise opportunities in Chicago and in many other locations for many years. Attorney Marc Blumenthal, with 34 years experience in franchise law matters, assessing risks and advantages of franchising, as well as the commitment required, so you have sufficient information to support your decisions.
Knowledgeable about all aspects of franchise law.
- Illinois Franchise Disclosure Act
- Illinois Motor Vehicle Franchise Act
- Illinois Beer Industry Fair Dealing Act
- Illinois Equipment Fair Dealership Law
- Petroleum Marketing Practices Act
- Many other state franchise and business opportunity laws
- Canadian franchise laws
- Explain your rights and obligations
- Draft and review critical documents
- Disclosure documents
- Franchise agreement
- Area Development agreement
- Software license
- Escrow agreement
- Term and renewal provisions
- Transfer conditions
- Territory Agreements
- Register the franchise
- Ensure compliance with state and federal disclosure requirements
- Discuss trademark and copyright issues
- Apply for, maintain and protect your trademark
- Interface with franchise prospects and their attorneys
For franchisees, Mr. Blumenthal ensures your interests are protected by reviewing, analyzing and to the largest extent possible, negotiating the terms and conditions in your franchise or other related agreements for:
- The term and right to renew
- Protected territory offering
- Franchise opening requirements
- Franchise fee
- Non-competition provisions
- Trademark requirements
- Transfer restrictions
- Termination provisions
- Cross default provisions
- Dispute resolution parameters
Mr. Blumenthal makes certain you understand your rights and obligations under the agreements. He also negotiates your agreement with the franchisor if necessary, drafts or reviews the franchise purchase agreement, and represents you through the closing and during the time you own the franchise. If you are selling a franchise, Mr. Blumenthal drafts and reviews documents related to the sale of assets, assignment of the lease and assignment of the franchise agreement and assures bulk sales compliance.
When you need a dedicated Illinois franchise law firm
Clients trust the Law Office of Marc N. Blumenthal to provide concrete advice and outstanding service as they work through the franchise process. Call the Law Office of Marc N. Blumenthal in Chicago at 312-641-0616 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation.