Marc N. BlumenthalMember
- Email Us
Chicago, Illinois Franchise and Trademark Attorney, Expert Witness and Consultant
- Franchises and Franchising
- Franchise and Related Agreements
- Franchise and Trademark Litigation
- Trade Dress
- Business Law
- Buying and Selling of Businesses
- Business Formation
- Business Litigation
- Louisiana, 1981 (Inactive)
- Illinois, 1986 (Active)
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 1981
- Tulane University, B.A., 1975
Associations & memberships
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- See Complete Case Descriptions on Representative Case Page
Court Admissions ( direct and through Pro Hac Vice)
- In addition to Illinois state and federal courts, including Illinois Supreme Court, litigated and/or argued in state courts of Louisiana, Michigan, New York and Wisconsin, in Federal District Court in Indiana, Nevada, New York, New Jersey, 9th Circuit Court of Appeal in California, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the Illinois Motor Vehicle Franchise Board; admitted to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Corporate Counsel, Chart House, Inc. (Diversifoods, Inc.) and Entre Computer Centers, Inc., 1981 – 1985
- Speaker and Co-Author: “Avoiding and Addressing Wrongful Termination of Your Franchise” and “Don’t Give Away The Store—The Purchase and Sale of a Franchise,” American Franchisee Association Legal Symposium, 2001
- Co-Author: “To Litigate, Arbitrate or Mediate…That is the Question!” American Franchisee Association Quarterly (Volume 1, Issue 3, Autumn, 1993)
- “The Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing,” November 1994 VIEWS-Periodical for the National Association of 7-Eleven Franchises.
- Author: “The Franchise Transfer from Hell,” American Franchisee Association Blast Fax, March 2002
- Author: “Subway’s Train Stopped, A Case Study,” American Franchisee Association Blast Fax, April 2003.
- Founding Affiliate Member, American Franchisee Association
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, Illinois, 1994 (Inactive)
The Law Office of Marc N. Blumenthal is conveniently located in Chicago, very close to both the state and federal courthouses and serves business clients throughout Northern Illinois, and in many other states.